Do you have previous cash handling and new account experience in a commercial banking environment? Are you detail-oriented and do you love helping customers? If so, Horizon Bank has amazing opportunities to join our team as a Universal Banker at both our Holland, TX and downtown Austin, 5th Street locations. This individual will not only play a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Branch, but they also will work with their peers on operational projects and customer service needs.
Our Universal Bankers are responsible for providing quality and efficiency to all customers. Those in this position are tasked with mastering all Teller and New Account platforms – Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Virtual Vaults, and other deposit systems. This position is an integral part of our Branch teams and will work hand-in-hand with their peers on all manner of customer concerns and needs for the Bank.
- Greets customers and visitors, on the phone and/or in person, promptly and in a friendly, professional manner, providing information and directing them to appropriate staff as necessary;
- Assist with questions or concerns regarding current accounts, and our other products and services;
- Open new accounts and services, while maintaining internal controls, including obtaining all required documentation to identify the customer and meet regulatory requirements;
- Aides customers with additional services and products such as safe deposit box access, ATM and debit card requests, check orders, compromised accounts and savings bonds
- Successfully perform traditional Teller functions as needed by accurately process checking and savings deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments;
- Answers and routes telephone calls, takes messages, provides information and directs calls to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Key Indicators of Success (KPI)
The following Success Criteria are required to flourish in this role:
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, vendors, and personnel.
- Communicator: Expert communicators have a high-level ability to communicate effectively with superiors, colleagues, and customers.
- Team-Player: These individuals have a sense of urgency and understand the importance of timeliness, follow-through, cooperation, and individual responsibility.
- Time Management: Effective time managers know that using time productively can mean the difference between getting things done and scrambling to keep up.
- Knowledgeable: Subject Matter Experts (SME) in branch operations are masters of front-office systems, technology, and processes. They know how to successfully open/close accounts; balance drawers; and are knowledgeable in all Bank products.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with cash handling and teller experience. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 2+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.Horizon Bank, SSB is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now