Treasury Sales Officer
Do you have previous treasury sales and support experience in a commercial banking environment? Are you passionate about building relationships and delivering results? If so, Horizon Bank has an amazing opportunity to join our team as a Treasury Sales Officer. This role will play a key role in the sales and support of treasury products to both existing and potential customers.
As a Treasury Sales Officer you will focus primarily on deepening and growing existing relationships by selling and servicing Treasury products, as well as generating new business in partnership with assigned Lending teams. Responsibilities include meeting or exceeding established annual sales goal by generating sales of Treasury Management products and services; developing prospective customer pipeline via community networking channels; partnering weekly with assigned bankers; analyzing the business needs of prospective and existing customers in order to develop value propositions that satisfy their Treasury Management requirements; and, preparing presentations which effectively explain services offered and recommend services that are of value to the customer. It is also expected that you will assist in the design and proper installation of treasury management services and recommend new solutions and products to bank management.
- Generate the sales of Treasury Management products and services to Horizon’s current and prospective customers.
- Build and manage customer relationships by understanding their business goals, environments, strategies, and industry trends to better determine their requirements and identify potential new business opportunities.
- Prepare and present sales proposals based on strategic value propositions.
- Prospect for new relationships by being an active member of the community, professional organizations, and being involved in other outward-facing activities.
- Collaborate with peers, Lending teams and other members of the Horizon family to smoothly and efficiently on-board new relationships, obtain required service request documents and agreements, ensure customer training, and provide an exceptional service experience.
- Drive efforts to expand existing business with current clients, providing feedback and generating cross-sell opportunities by maintaining strong working relationships with lending officers and other product lines, such as STRATA Trust.
- Partner with Treasury team in representing the client perspective in the development/evolution of complex products and solutions.
- Contribute to the Bank by providing great ideas and staying abreast of Treasury and banking trends.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Key Indicators of Success (KPI) | Competencies
To flourish in this role an individual will need to be able to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers; communicate effectively; solve problems using logic and imagination; be a team-player; continuously aspire to improve themselves and motivate those around them, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
Successful incumbents possess a strong customer focus, make quality decisions, have a drive for results, are good listeners, negotiate well, have organizational agility, have solid presentation skills, and manage their time well.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with Treasury and Cash Management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 10+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- 8+ years of banking experience in a similarly sized institution ($1 billion+).
- 4+ years in a treasury, cash management, or business development role.
- CTP certification is a plus.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2019 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating: 1) You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and possess our requirements; and, 2) Why you believe you should be considered for the position.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now