Senior Portfolio Manager
Do you have previous portfolio management or business banking experience in a commercial banking environment? Are you a relationship-builder and team player? If so, Horizon Bank has an opportunity to join our team as a Senior Portfolio Manager. This role will play a key role in relationship development for both existing and potential customers.
As a Senior Portfolio Manager you will focus primarily on ensuring the overall success and growth of an assigned portfolio by deepening relationships with existing customers and through the acquisition of new customers. You will proactively partner with existing customers in order to fully understand their businesses, goals, strategies and challenges, and make appropriate suggestions to improve their Horizon experience.
- Build and manage customer relationships by understanding their business goals, environments, strategies, and industry trends to better determine their requirements and identify potential new business opportunities.
- Drive efforts to expand existing business with current clients, providing feedback and generating cross-sell opportunities by maintaining strong working relationships with lending officers.
- Collaborate with peers and other members of the team in order to smoothly and efficiently on-board new relationships and provide an exceptional service experience.
- Prospect for new relationships by being an active member of the community, professional organizations, and being involved in other outward-facing activities.
- Resolve account issues including documentation requirements, past due fees, delinquent payment issues, credit concerns, and other related affairs.
- Work with customers to modify and/or restructure existing loans/deposit products as needed.
- Prepare customer summary reports for senior members of management including review of exposure, overdraft activity, and past due reports.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Key Indicators of Success (KPI) | Competencies
To flourish in this role an individual will need to be able to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers; communicate effectively; solve problems using logic and imagination; be a team-player; continuously aspire to improve themselves and motivate those around them, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
Successful incumbents possess a strong customer focus, make quality decisions, have a drive for results, are good listeners, negotiate well, have organizational agility, have solid presentation skills, and manage their time well.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with business development in a bank setting.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 7+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Knowledge of bank policies and standards including credit, lending, and deposit.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- 10+ years of banking experience in a similarly sized institution ($1 billion+).
- 3+ years in a business development or analyst role.
- Formal credit/bank training is a plus.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.Horizon Bank, SSB is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating: You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and possess our requirements; and, Why you believe you should be considered for the position.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now