Director of Treasury
Do you have previous treasury management experience in a commercial banking environment? Are you a motivated problem-solver and experienced manager? If so, Horizon Bank has an amazing opportunity to join our team as a Director of Treasury Management. This role will play a key role in the strategic development and delivery of treasury products to both existing and potential customers, as well as the growth and leadership of the Treasury team.
As a Director of Treasury Management, you will focus on strategically driving your team to develop and grow existing relationships by selling and servicing Treasury products and generating new business. All managers at Horizon are working managers so you will also play an active role in the acquisition of new customers and administering existing account services. It will be essential for you to work effectively with internal departments and stakeholders including Compliance, Technology, Operations, and directly with our customers to implement Treasury Management products and services in alignment with Horizon goals. You will also be expected to grow and manage the Treasury team by providing ongoing feedback, development opportunities, and leading by example.
- Strategically develop, plan, organize, manage, and sell Treasury Management products and services to Horizon’s current and prospective customers.
- Build and manage customer relationships by understanding their business goals, environments, strategies, and industry trends to better determine their requirements and identify potential new business opportunities.
- Prospect for new relationships by being an active member of the community, professional organizations, and being involved in other outward-facing activities.
- Collaborate with management and your Treasury team to smoothly and efficiently on-board new relationships, obtain required service request documents and agreements, ensure customer training, and provide an exceptional service experience.
- Drive efforts to expand existing business with current clients, providing feedback and generating cross-sell opportunities by maintaining strong working relationships with lending officers and other product lines, such as STRATA Trust.
- Partner with Treasury team in representing the client perspective in the development/evolution of complex products and solutions.
- Hold yourself and your team accountable for maintaining records, documentation, and all other audit needs to the Horizon standard.
- Provide ongoing feedback and development opportunities to the Treasury team.
- Contribute to the Bank by providing great ideas and staying abreast of Treasury and banking trends.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Key Indicators of Success (KPI) | Competencies
To flourish in this role an individual will need to be able to provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers; communicate effectively; solve problems using logic and imagination; be a team-player; continuously aspire to improve themselves and motivate those around them, and have a positive, can-do attitude.
Successful incumbents possess a strong customer focus, make quality decisions, have a drive for results, are good listeners, negotiate well, have organizational agility, have solid presentation skills, and manage their time well. They also believe in bringing others with them to the top and will do what it takes to hire and develop a strong team.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with Treasury and Cash Management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 15+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- 5+ years leading a team in a financial setting.
- Strong coaching and team development experience.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
- 10+ years of treasury management experience in a similarly sized institution ($1 billion+).
- 10+ years leading a treasury team.
- CTP certification is a plus.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.Horizon Bank, SSB is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating:
- You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and possess our requirements; and,
- Why you believe you should be considered for the position.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now