Deposit Relationship Banker
Do you have previous personal banking and new account experience? Have you been a Universal Banker or New Account Representative and are ready for the next step in your career? If so, Horizon Bank has an amazing opportunity to join our team as a Deposit Relationship Banker based out of our downtown Austin location at 600 Congress Ave. This individual will collaborate with lenders, treasury services, branch staff, and operations to enhance the customer service experience and provide effective solutions to our deposit customers.
Our Deposit Relationship Bankers collaborate with branch operations, commercial lending business partners, and treasury staff to retain, strengthen, and develop customer relationships. Those in this position are tasked with mastering banking platforms such as Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposit Capture, Virtual Vaults, and other deposit systems, as well as have a working knowledge of loan and treasury products and processes. This position is an integral part of our relationship team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers on all manner of customer concerns and needs for the Bank.
- Collaborate with branch operations, commercial lending business partners, and treasury staff to retain, strengthen, and develop customer relationships.
- Represent the Bank in the business community by actively developing relationships with current and prospective customers at the direction of management.
- Make it easy for customers to do business with us by navigating systems management issues, handling customer’s questions and concerns, troubleshooting account issues, solving customer problems, and collaborating with your teammates.
- Assist with questions or concerns regarding current accounts, and our other products and services.
- Open new accounts and services, while maintaining internal controls, including obtaining all required documentation to identify the customer and meet regulatory requirements.
- Aides customers with additional services and products as needed, such as safe deposit box access, ATM and debit card requests, check orders, compromised accounts and savings bonds.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of all products including loans, cash management, treasury products and deposits to enhance the customer experience.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Key Indicators of Success (KPI)
The following Success Criteria are required to flourish in this role:
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers, vendors, and personnel.
- Communicator: Expert communicators have a high-level ability to communicate effectively with superiors, colleagues, and customers.
- Cultivate Relationships: Successful relationship builders know the importance of building trusted partnerships with customers and our communities.
- Team-Player: These individuals have a sense of urgency and understand the importance of timeliness, follow-through, cooperation, and individual responsibility.
- Time Management: Effective time managers know that using time productively can mean the difference between getting things done and scrambling to keep up.
- Knowledgeable: Subject Matter Experts (SME) know the Industry, Horizon, and their role like the back of their hand – they’ve run the drills, memorized the fundamentals, done the homework, and learned the strategy.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with new account and relationship development experience. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 5+ years of banking experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- 2+ years in a New Account, Universal Banker, or Personal Banker role;
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.Horizon Bank, SSB is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now