Commercial Lending Assistant
Do you have previous experience working with Commercial Loans? Are you familiar with the terms "DTI," "UCC," and "title commitments"? Are you detail-oriented and driven to succeed? If so, Horizon Bank has an amazing opportunity to join our team as a Commercial Lending Assistant based out of our North Austin location!
Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Commercial Lending Assistant at our North Austin location, at Technology Blvd and Hwy 183. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. This position provides intermediate to advanced level support of Loan Officers by preparing credit and financial files as they related to loans, verifying tax returns, searching public records for liens or judgments, ordering and reviewing real property title reports, ensuring the Bank’s insurance requirements are met and ensuring the Bank’s lien are in the proper position.
Our Commercial Lending Assistants will become an integral part of our Lending/Credit Administration team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers and Loan Officers on all manner of loan matters, customer concerns, and needs for the Bank. The role requires an individual to exercise discretion and independent decision making related to loan documentation and relationship management.
- Serve as an internal point of contact for customers, playing a key role in developing relationships and ensuring excellent customer service;
- Responsible for file preparation, loan packaging, and exception processing including collecting and reviewing documents for accuracy and ensuring all conditions are met;
- Collects, monitors, and analyzes financial data as it relates to loans including, but not limited to: Flood Verifications, IRS Verifications, UCC Searches, Judgment and loan searches, Title Insurance, Key Man Life Insurance, Appraisals, Environmental Reports, Account Payoffs, and Entity documents;
- Work with lenders, peers, and other parties to coordinate timely closings and that all required documentation is received;
- Assist with the preparation of presentations on loans, clients, and pipeline and provide information to managers and members of senior staff as needed;
- Provides excellent customer service to the Bank’s customers and employees through ongoing support via phone and in oral and written communications, while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures; and,
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Key Indicators of Success (KPI)
The following Success Criteria are required to flourish in this role:
- Work Ethic: Successful Underwriters effectively manage their time and tasks, recognizing there are instances when they need to stay late to get the job done.
- Detail Oriented: Detail-oriented employees take pride in their work. They dot the “I’s” and cross the “t’s” – they triple-check their work and proof-read before labeling something as “complete.”
- Reliable: Outstanding individuals understand that exceling in this depends on their ability to be consistent and recognize that the reliability of an individual has tremendous impact on the performance of the team.
- Attitude: Having a positive, can-do attitude is an expectation of every employee at Horizon. These individuals are appreciative, kind, and willing to help others at all times. They approach problems with a can-do attitude and set an example for those around them.
- Knowledgeable: Subject Matter Experts (SME) in SBA processing know the industry, banking, and the SBA regulations like the back of their hand – they’ve run the drills, memorized the fundamentals, and done the homework.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with SBA experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact.
Specific minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position;
- 3+ years of direct industry experience, especially SBA underwriting and processing;
- Familiarity with SBA rules, loan structure, eligibility, 7a, 504’s, and the CDC;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Possess problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field; and 5+ years of direct industry experience in SBA processing; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Advanced experience in the following: financial statements and tax return analysis, typically resulting from a combination of education and experience in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!Apply Now