Horizon Bank is looking for experienced Commercial Lenders to add to our dynamic teams in both downtown Austin and our North Austin locations (serving the Cedar Park and Leander communities). We are searching for banking professionals who had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team.
These individuals will become an integral part of our Lending team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers and Management on all manner of customer concerns in attaining Bank goals through active participation in loan management and business development.
Our Lenders are the business go-getters, customer service leaders, and champions of their communities. They bring their A-game every day of the week.
- Develop and support Bank growth by capitalizing on business prospects, identifying cross-selling opportunities, deepening relationships, and increasing client acquisition including the establishment and maintenance of key relationships and business contacts within the community and targeted industry segments;
- Manage and maintain a safe, sound and profitable loan portfolio, monitoring loans to ensure credit quality, collecting payment on delinquent loans as necessary, and working with the Horizon Team to follow up on loan documentation and/or loan tracking exceptions;
- Conduct interviews with new and existing customers to establish financial needs and make recommendations to satisfy those needs;
- Partner with the Lending & Credit Teams to underwrite, evaluate and originate loan applications. Make lending decisions within lending limit and in accordance with the Bank’s credit policies and procedures;
- Conduct financial analysis of existing and new relationships and prepare presentations of analysis for management and loan committees;
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Key indicators of Success (KPI)
The following Success Criteria are required to flourish in this role at Horizon:
- Self-Starter: Successful self-starters take initiative; are confident, competent, and industrious; good listeners; and enthusiastic. Self-Starters are constantly ready for the next challenge, thinking strategically, observing, and improving.
- Knowledgeable: Master Lenders know the Industry, Horizon, and the Central-Texas Market like the back of their hand – they’ve run the drills, memorized the fundamentals, done the homework, and learned the strategy.
- Professional/Ethical: Professionals demonstrate the utmost respect for their peers, superiors, and junior members of staff; treating all customers and communities with compassion and kindness.
- Cultivate Relationships: Successful relationship builders know the importance of building trusted partnerships with customers and our communities. Just as important are internal collaboration and teamwork.
- Deal Savvy: Expert salesmen have the business acumen, practical knowledge and active ability to find desirable deals and close them effectively and efficiently.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive commercial lending experience to join a proven program that has already made significant impact.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, or other related field and 5+ years of direct industry experience, especially commercial real estate & business development; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company.
The ideal candidate:
- 5+ years portfolio management in a commercial banking environment;
- Advanced knowledge of commercial banking products and deposit relationships;
- Community involvement and outreach experience; and,
- Successful experience growing a portfolio in a fast-paced environment.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!