Commercial Credit Analyst
Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for an experienced Credit Analyst at our Austin downtown location. We are searching for banking professionals who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team.
This position would become an integral part of our Credit Administration team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers and Loan Officers on all manner of customer concerns and needs for the Bank.
This position provides intermediate to advanced level support to Loan Officers by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, credit analysis, handling information requests, documentation preparation, file maintenance, and performing a variety of other credit duties.
- Collects, monitors, and analyzes financial data to determine credit worthiness of prospective and/or current customer(s);
- Prepares financial spreads and presentations on clients, and presents information to managers and members of senior staff;
- Reviews risk classification definitions compared to actual risk ratings on loans, to ensure the risk rating on loan(s) is consistent with the Bank’s risk rating policy and Loan Policy;
- Reviews credit packages for policy compliance, structural soundness, and credit weakness;
- Prepares annual reviews on credits as assigned, to ensure compliance with loan policy.
- Provides excellent customer service to the Bank’s customers and employees through ongoing support via phone and in oral and written communications, while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures; and,
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with credit administration experience to grow and further develop a proven program that has already made significant impact.
Specific minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position;
- 2+ years of direct industry experience, especially commercial real estate & banking C&I;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Possess problem solving capabilities, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field; and 5+ years of direct industry experience in commercial credit; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Advanced experience in the following: financial statements and tax return analysis, typically resulting from a combination of education and experience in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!