Horizon Bank has an opening for a Banker In-Training to join our student-worker program at our downtown Austin and North Austin locations. We are searching for college students currently pursuing a 4-year or 2-year degree, who are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team.
Our Bankers In-Training will have the opportunity to assist in our Branch Operations team in all manner of job functions including Teller, Data Entry, Electronic Banking, Customer Service, and New Accounts.
While most Banks are just trying to stay in business, we continue to grow and increase profits. That’s because we hire high-energy, trainable go-getters who love to work with people and have fun doing it. That’s just part of the reason that Horizon Bank is such a fun place to work!
Make it easy for customers to do business with us by accurately and effectively scanning, filing, handling cash, and managing data entry, all while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures;
Give every customer an extraordinary experience including inside and outside customers;
Provide solutions for everyone you encounter and if you cannot, then work with customers and team members to find the solution;
Set goals for yourself and strive to attain them whether that is learning a new function within the Bank or taking on a special project for the Boss
Continuously improve yourself and, thereby, those around you;
Contribute to the Bank by providing great ideas and being a great team member;
Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for collegiate to learn more about the banking world!
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: High School Diploma/GED and 1 year of customer service experience, preferably in a cash handling role; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties of this position;
- Knowledge and training in compute systems including Word, Excel, and Adobe;
- Possess strong analytical capabilities, effective verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated initiative to take on new projects and learn new skills; and,
- The ability to successfully work as a member of a team.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating:
- You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and possess our requirements; and,
- Why you believe you should be considered for the position.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.Apply Now