Horizon Bank has an immediate opening for a Teller at our downtown Austin, 5th Street location. We are searching for individuals with cash handling and customer service experience who have had proven success in their past careers, are self-motivated, and have a great attitude to join our team. This person will become an integral part of our Customer Service Team and will work hand-in-hand with their peers to create a positive experience for all Bank customers.
While most Banks are just trying to stay in business, we continue to grow and increase profits. That’s because we hire high-energy, trainable go-getters who love to work with people and have fun doing it. That’s just part of the reason that Horizon Bank is such a fun place to work!
- Make it easy for customers to do business with us by accurately process checking and savings deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, traveler’s checks, bonds, cash advances and other products and services while adhering to all Bank and Department policies and procedures;
- Give every customer an extraordinary experience including inside and outside customers;
- Provide solutions for everyone you encounter and if you cannot, then work with customers and team members to find the solution;
- Set goals for yourself and strive to attain them whether that is balancing your drawer 365 days in a row, or learning new functions within the Bank;
- Continuously improve yourself and, thereby, those around you;
- Contribute to the Bank by providing great ideas and being a great team member;
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an awesome individual with customer service experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: BA/BS and 2+ years of customer service experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Optimistic, internally motivated, team-oriented personality; and,
- Ability to make decisions, create change, and help grow a company – while growing yourself.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We’re not just your ordinary bank – we have something special here at Horizon. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to our teams, our communities and our customers. Thanks to our diverse, energetic team, Horizon continues to grow and succeed.
- #1 locally owned bank according to Austin Business Journal 2019 Power Rankings.
- Top 40 community banks nationwide by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
We’re proud of where our teams have gotten us and can’t wait to see where you will take us next!
At Horizon Bank, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you are psyched and think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating: You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and possess our requirements; and, why you believe you should be considered for the position.Apply Now